Saturday, April 16, 2016

Getting Stronger & Smarter

     Hello everyone! First off, I would like to give thanks to everyone participating in my blog. Keep asking questions it gives me ideas on where to go with the posts. Anyways, I have conducted an interview with my Karate Instructor, Mr. Myrtle. Mr. Myrtle has been teaching and learning Kenpo for more than 20 years.
     I asked Mr. Myrtle, how to get ready for my brown belt test. I told him I am ready to keep moving. He said that if I keep practicing perfect, I will soon achieve my brown belt. He also told me once I earn my brown belt, I will be assigned classes and students and have a part time job there helping out! I have teach the beginning of classes here and there.
     I'll start the class and work them out. I love to push people farther than they think because when you're working hard and you're using up all your breath you start to think in the back of your mind, "Crap, I can't keep doing this I need to take a rest." Not in karate you don't. If you tell yourself that you can do it, and you keep pushing and pushing you will feel very motivated to keep doing so, you feel a lot stronger after a workout (and also kind of exhausted) but that is the best part after doing karate...knowing you can use your stamina for quite some time without getting winded.
     Recently I was in the hospital, so karate has been a little complex for me. The doctors told me I have musculoskeletal bruising throughout my chest, ribs and near my heart. I was having heart palpitations with my chest pain, which worried me. I asked Mr. Myrtle how I should practice with the condition. He told me to take it easy on the fighting, I don't get hit a lot which confuses me to how I have the bruising, but he said if there are any bruises around your heart then it can be a serious situation and to be easier on myself.
     That is another huge thing about karate, you have to know your limits. You have to make sure your health is in good shape otherwise, you could seriously injure yourself. Mr.Myrtle told me to be stretching and work myself back into shape slowly. I've been very curious on how to become a better fighter. I've been training a lot harder, a lot smarter, and I've been using different moves every time.
      Mr. Myrtle told me to use combinations, like throwing a couple punches, then a back knuckle, then back up let them come towards you and kick. I can't decide which I like more, kicking or punching. But Mr. Myrtle also told me to counter more often. I took that into consideration and scored a lot more points with it. At this rate, this tournament better be ready for me.

5 comments:

  1. I have one recommendation. Where I do think its a good idea to keep things personal in your blog, I would recommend focusing more on you topic. Not that I know anything... I'm new. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I disagree, I love that you are putting yourself out there. I mean, isn't that what this is about? As far as I understand it, aren't you trying to tell your story so we can all see what you are going through and hopefully be inspired to pursue self-defense? I'm already inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April, I was thinking the same thing. ;)

      Delete
  3. I really like what you are doing with this. I only have one thing to say and its only about the font... in my opinion a more readable font would be helpful, its kinda hard for me to read it because all the letters are close together as well as the words. but other people might not have a problem with it... just a thought. other than that I think this is wonderful keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete

It has been a while.

Hey everyone, I doubt that anyone even is paying attention to these anymore but I stumbled across my old blog and remembered that I had said...